RD3 HD – Groovebox
Use your Android phone or tablet as a musical instrument and make your own electronic music tracks!
The RD3 HD – Groovebox audio app combines two 303-style analog synthesizers, a beat section with 10 drum kits from classic drum machines and 5 free assignable audio effects.
Recreate the sound of early electronic dance music with these legendary machines!
Watch the introduction video.
The 303-style synthesizer
Bassline is a realtime virtual analog synthesizer modeled after the legendary 303 that had a major impact on the development of contemporary electronic music.
The RD3 HD – Groovebox hosts two instances of this bass synthesizer with a highly resonant low pass filter and 4 different waveforms. Use the multitouch control to alter parameters simultaneously and compose musical lines with the built-in 16-step sequencers. Apply additional effects individually to each of the two instruments.
Play with the sounds of classic drum machines
Program your beats on the drum machine page with the step sequencer and choose between 10 different drum kits based on these legendary drum machines: 808, 909, 606, CR-78, Linn, KR55, RX11, RZ1, DMX and DPM48.
Every drum kit consists of 8 different drum channels each with a mute button and its own punch control that adjusts the volume and modulates the sound envelope. Apply effects to each drum machine channel individually.
Alter your synths and drum sounds with the 5 real-time controllable audio effects reverb, delay, phaser, filter and distortion. All effects are freely assignable to each synth or drum channel and can be controlled each with a X-Y control field for the main parameters.
- Volume control with level meter
- 4 bars with 16 steps per instrument
- 3 play modes: Solo, loop or random
- Channel mute
Two virtual analog synthesizers:
- 4 types of waveforms for each synth
- Reminiscent of the legendary 303 synthesizer
- High-quality or regular filter modes
- Real-time step sequencer for each synth
- Free assignable audio effects
Drum machine with:
- 10 drum kits: 808, 909, 606, CR-78, Linn, KR55, RX11, RZ1, DMX, DPM48
- Channel mute
- Punch control for volume and envelope adjustments
- Accent programmable for each drum channel
- Free assignable effects for each drum sound
- Real-time step sequencer
- Reverb, distortion, filter, phaser and delay
- Real-time controllable
- X/Y control field for each effect
- 4 effect sends
- Chaining of 2 effects
- Special rack view in portrait mode for 10-inch tablets
- Multi-touch control
- Live session recording
- Audio loop export feature
- SoundCloud Sharing Kit integration
- Session save capability
- Cut/copy/paste pattern
- OpenSL support
- Android 2.3 or higher
- Screen resolution 800×480 (WVGA) or higher
- Screen size 3.7-inch or higher
- 800 MHz CPU or faster supporting ARMv7
- Tested on: Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy S, htc Nexus One, htc Flyer, htc One S, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Asus Transformer, Acer Iconia Tab
- For earlier Android versions read about RD3.
Amazon and AndroidPIT offer PayPal as payment method.
Tracks made and performed with the RD3 HD – Groovebox.